St. Vincent’s School belongs to St. Vincent’s RC Parish of Vauxhall and Ashted. It was founded in 1930 on the site of the original church. In those days the school was run by nuns. The corridors were open air and there were only a few classrooms. At that time children from 5 to 14 were taught at the school. They have fond memories of their time here and many still come back to visit.
Later on a new block was added for the younger children and a nursery was built. Since then the school has been continually developed and many improvements made. During 2010 a major building and refurbishment project changed the layout of the school creating a new entrance on Vauxhall Grove.